Channa dal-1 cup
Rice Flour-1 to 1.5 tbsp
Fennel Seeds- 4 tsp
Red Onion-1 small cubed
Green chilli- 1 big
Red chilli-1 no
Ginger-1/4 of an inch
Garlic- 2 pods
Cilantro- A handful, chopped
Curry leaves- 1 string, chopped
Salt- To taste
- Soak channa dal for 3-4 hours or overnight.
- In a mixie, add green chilli, red chilli, ginger, garlic, fennel seeds and grind them into a paste.
- Now add the channa dal without any water to the mixie and grind coarsely.
- Add chopped onions, cilantro, curry leaves, rice flour,salt to the ground mixture and mix well with hand.
- In a pot with oil, deep fry vadas by making small balls and flattening out with hands in medium flame.
- Serve with your favorite chutney or eat just like that. Yummy :)