My grandma makes the best aloo parathas and I used to crave for her aloo parathas that inspired me to make them at home by myself. The taste and texture is not as good as her but I have tried my best. I dedicate this post to her.My hubby loves them too and I make it for him on special days.
Golden Potatoes- 2 or 3 boiled well.
Green chillies- Finely chopped
Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
Chilli powder-1 tsp
Coriander seed powder-1/2 tsp
Saunf powder- 1 tsp
Cumin seed powder- 1 tsp
Garam masala-1 tsp
Salt- according to taste
Cilantro- A handful chopped finely
Wheat flour- 3 cups
Water- Enough to mix into dough
Salt- to taste
1. Boil the potatoes in a pressure cooker. Peel and mash into a fine paste.
2. In a pan add oil, green chillies, salt, all the spice powder and mix well.
3. Add the mashed potatoes and mix till well done.
4. Garnish with cilantro and allow to cool.
5. Make Chapathi dough by mixing well.
5. Now make balls of aloo separately and Chapathi separately.
6. Roll the Chapathi ball a little bit and place the aloo ball.
7.Pull the sides of the rolled out dough and make a pocket.
8. Pat it down and rub some dry Chapathi flour on top and roll out into uniform aloo parathas.
9. Put it in hot pan and turn till done. You can add oil or ghee to keep the moisture.
10. Serve with mango pickle and yogurt.